- St. Mary's, GA to Amelia Island, FL
- Amelia Island to St. Augustine, where we spent 3 days waiting for good weather
- St. Augustine to New Smyrna Beach, where we met Mark's cousin Jane and her husband Fred, visiting from Colorado
- New Smyrna Beach to an anchorage near Vero
- That anchorage to Stuart where we turned west on the Okeechobee Waterway - we spent the night tied to a dolphin at the Mayaca lock.
- Mayaca lock to a private dock near River Forest where we were reunited with our buddies Pam and John on "Short Vacation"
- We drove to the Stuart Boat Show with Pam and John and met up with Coletta and Tom from "Greek's Folly."
- Our Guttenberg neighbors Al and Tammy cruised with us from River Forest to Fort Myers
|Tied to the dolphins at Mayaca Lock|
We arrived in Fort Myers on January 14 and have been making the most of our 2-month stay here. Our first visitors were Bob and Karen from Des Moines.
|Karen and Bob with us|
Then Mark's brother Bill spent a few days with us. He and Mark took in the Muscle Car Museum and the Ford-Edison estates, and checked out Sanibel. Bill also joined the Looper lunch crowd at Ford's Garage.
|Pam and Becky at the Looper lunch|
|Mark and John|
We met more friends for docktails during the next few days- Rob and Glenda on "Monterey," and Mandy and Jim on "Shell Bell." Friends from 2 years ago- Pam and Eric on "Pier Pressure" joined "Short Vacation" on their dock, so we got to see them again. And still, my camera did not made an appearance!
And the other day who should turn up on our dock? Dan and Sarah from Guttenberg/Muscatine! Is anyone left on Esmann Island??
At least I remembered to pull out my iPhone when these folks came on board :
|Kent, Jan ("Follow That Dream"), John ("Short Vacation"), Peggy ("Aqua Vitae"), Mark|
|Mark, Hans ("Aqua Vitae"), Pam ("Short Vacation")|
|Larry and Shirley ("We Wine A Lot")|
|Mark and Becky with Susan and Foster ("Quo Vadimus") and Glenda and Rob ("Monterey")|
|The rail looks sooo much better after only 2 coats.|
Our forward heat/air conditioner died, so we are having that replaced- which means that the interior of Mara Beel is a mess. This is (hopefully) a 2-day project.
|The dead unit|
|I actually know what provisions I have on board now!|
We will be flying home soon to welcome our fourth grandson, who is due to make his appearance in a couple weeks! We plan to start cruising again in mid-March.