Then there was the issue of diesel fuel in the bilge. Fortunately (I guess) we had a similar leak last summer, so we knew what to do. We also knew that a few ounces of diesel floating on top of water can look like many gallons. It's sort of like the fat on top of gravy. (Remember when we used to love gravy??) Anyway, Mark was able to skim the diesel off the top of the bilge water and properly dispose of it. Then he squirted Dawn dish washing liquid into the bilge, and the shop vac-- that stuff really DOES absorb grease. Problem solved- in a mere 3 hours. I was the gopher in all of this, my favorite (not) role, But Mark was a champ, sweating down there in the nether regions of Mara Beel fixing the leak and cleaning up the mess. We ran the engines for awhile and did not see any further leakage. Whew!
|Looking down into the engine room through the floor.|
|Worship has been held in a tent since a tornado damaged our church 7 weeks ago.|
When we returned to the boat, we found an extremely bold swan nosing around, probably looking for a handout, and posing for pictures.